Sunday, September 12, 2010

Week 3, Can you believe it?

We've already gone through three weeks of school, crazy huh?

I wrote a silly little poem for my journal on Friday, so I figured I'd share it for this weeks blog. I picked the phrase "imaginary friend." Here goes nothin.

I once had a friend by the name of J.R.,
even when he left he never went far.

Day after day we spent by the barn,
talking about life and spinning our yarn.

He was my best friend all through the summer,
and when school came back it was a big bummer.

But he was always there waiting for me,
when I hopped off the bus by the big old tree.

We would talk and hold hands as we walked down the roads,
and I'd spill all my rage about that mean, old Miss Hoads.

When we got home he'd make me a snack,
and I'd teach him math to pay him back.

Winter rolled around and still J.R. stayed,
making snow angels on the snow which we layed.

As winter left and spring took its place,
J.R. was still there but now with no face.

Day by day his spirit would face,
until his place is my heart was as dark as shade.

As I grew older I tried getting him back,
but my childhood innocence was now empty and black.

The innocence of childhood I could not learn,
and that's when I knew he wouldn't return.

My heart goes out to my dear old friend,
with hopes one day my children will meet him around the bend.

4 comments:

  1. Wow I wish I could have done something constructive like that during English

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is so cute. I loved it. You are so creative, it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete