I've started a new book just for fun, it's called Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge. It's fantastic so far and I recommend it to any girl. (There is a book they wrote for boys, it's called Wild at Heart..)
This quote was in the introduction and it really stood out to me.
"Sometime between the dreams of your youth and yesterday, something precious has been lost. And that treasure is our heart, your priceless feminine heart. God has set within you a femininity that is powerful and tender, fierce and alluring. No doubt it has been misunderstood. Surely is has been assaulted. But it is there, your true heart, and it is worth recovering. You are captivating."
I think so often, in today's society, we try to be the women everyone expects us to be. Everywhere we look we're told how to dress, what to say, how to act, and the standard for "beautiful" (skinny as a bean pole with a perfect complexion, of course). It's sad to realize somewhere along the road from toddler to teen, the fire of our heart can be extinguished.
can't really relate, but you girls do seem to have it pretty tough, I would suggest you (girls) should try to be themselves more often than be over concerned about what they look like
ReplyDelete