It's funny how you can realize something about yourself through the most minor moments. In middle school, if someone "changed" it always came with a negative connation. You always heard the girls saying "OMG I can't believe how much she has changed, do you see who she hangs out with now!" As we get older, we realize it's a part of life. We change. It just happens. Driving home from work Thursday I realized how much I've changed in the past two years.
I was driving down Sparta Road going home from a long day of school and work, and I was so ready to be home. I have a hard time going the speed limit as it is, but after a long day I usually book it to get home. As I came up to Dunn's Canyon, a student driver car got it front of me and was going extremely slow. Instead of getting frustrated and yelling at them to hurry up from inside my car (which is what I would have done last year), I smiled as I remembered the first few times I was behind the wheel. I surprised myself through my reaction, and quickly realized.. I've changed.
Personally going home is when I drive the slowest because im done with most of my day so i want to relax some because i know when i get home the homework begins, so i hope you enjoyed your chance to slow down for some reflection.
ReplyDelete