Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Week 8, Can you believe it?

With being off Monday and not going to any classes today, I don't really have much English to sit and blog about for the week. But already ordering caps, gowns, and graduation announcements? GRADUATION?! I can't believe it. Each week seems to be crawling by, but as a whole the year is going by quite rapidly. We're already nearing the end of the first nine weeks! This is all too surreal. I don't think I've quite accepted it yet, but I'm slowly starting to realize how fast it's passing, and what each day means. I wish every day would slow down so I could look around me and see all the little things I've never noticed before; the way the halls look, all the faces around me, how many teachers I actually don't know. It's just crazy.

How is everybody's outside reading coming along?

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking about that today too!! I really want the year to stop speeding up; it feels like the more time passes and the more comfortable we get, the faster it slips away. I'm excited for college but truly am going to miss a lot of people.

    I finished my outside reading, 'Little Bee' and am really enjoying 'Crime and Punishment'. It's very complex but I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am afriad that the year we all want to enjoy the most will be the one that we will never be able to slow down and take stock of all the wonderful memories that will hopefully be made. But I hope that no matter what this is the best year for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlie, I'm almost done with Little Bee; I'm absolutely hooked! I need to finish it so we can talk about it!

    ReplyDelete