Sunday, October 31, 2010

Week 10, Wait... 10?!

Can't believe we already got our first report cards.. Blows my mind.

Crime & Punishment: Part 1
I really like the parallelism Dostoevsky uses in the contrast between the city Raskolnikov lives in and his mind itself. Having the similarity makes it easier to understand Raskolvikov's actions, and almost justifies them. It's not the easiest novel I've ever read, but it challenges my thought process and gets me thinking as I'm reading it. I'm interested in where the books going to go from the murder, since usually a big action such as a murder happens at the end of a story. I like that the climax is so early in the book.

2 comments:

  1. Or is the murder the climax? I'm excited to see where this goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is definitely captivating. All the thoughts and actions are hard to keep up with but are making a very interesting story.

    ReplyDelete